As you plan for your trip, make sure you avoid these 9 mistakes guests make with Fastpass+:
1. Booking a reservation between 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM – This is the least busiest time in the park. Most queues are short and going through the Fastpass+ line will not save you much time. Instead set your first reservation to start at 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM.
2. Booking a Fastpass+ reservation for an non-busy attraction – With the launch of the new Fastpass+ program, Disney added a number of attractions that really do not need Fastpass+. You can find a list here.
3. Not booking your Fastpass+ reservations immediately – Don’t lollygag! When your window opens (60 days before arrival for Disney resort guests and 30 days for non-Disney resort guests), log in and make your Fastpass+ reservations. The most popular attractions go first and you want to secure those reservations!
4. Not making additional Fastpass+ reservations – When you use your first 3 reservations, you can make another Fastpass+ reservation using the MyDisneyExperience App or by visiting one of the Fastpass+ Kiosks in the park. Make sure you make another one as soon as you use up your first 3!
5. Not realizing everyone in your party can do different things – You do not have to book a Fastpass+ for the same attraction for everyone in your group. My son and I do not like Splash Mountain. So I will book Fastpass+ for my daughter and husband and my son and I will Fastpass+ something else like Aladdin’s Magic Carpets during the same time frame. They go off to do their thing and we go off to do ours.
6. Not taking advantage of Rider Switch and Fastpass+ – If you are traveling with a little one, they won’t be allowed on attractions that have height restrictions. In order for both parents/caregivers to ride, you can use Rider Switch.
7. Not remembering your Fastpass+ times – Take a screen shot of your Fastpass+ reservations so you can quickly access them from your photos instead of having to book up the MyDisneyExperience app when you want to verify the times. And make sure you don’t forget to actually go to your Fastpass+ reservation!
8. Booking your Fastpass+ attractions for late in the day – You have to use your first 3 Fastpass+ attractions before you can make a 4th one. If you book your reservations for late in the day, by the time you use your 3rd Fastpass+ there will not be anything decent left for the rest of the day.
9. Not using the My Disney Experience App – If you have a smart phone, make sure you download the app to it. It will make managing your Fastpass+ reservations so much easier! I would go ahead and download it to all smart phones in your group so if your phone dies, you already have the app ready to go on someone else’s phone.
Learn more about planning your Walt Disney World vacation. Plus overwhelmed with all the planning? Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect trip.