10 Mistakes Not To Make In The Magic Kingdom:
- Missing the Welcome Show – About 5 minutes before the Magic Kingdom opens there is a welcome show on the castle stage. You can’t clearly see it if you are lined up to go to the Mine Train. If you are spending multiple days in the Magic Kingdom, plan on seeing it at least one morning and then heading towards Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain.
- Heading to the wrong rides first – If you arrive early in the day you need to make sure you are headed to the right attractions. You don’t want to waste this prime time on attractions that won’t have long lines later in the day. Attractions I suggest visiting are 7 Dwarfs, Peter Pan, Pooh, Under the Sea, Barnstormer, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Pirates and Haunted Mansion.
- Not using the Baby Care Center – If you have a little one make sure you visit the Baby Care Center at least once. It has 4 spacious changing tables, a semi-private bathroom, nursing room and tv room for toddlers. You can also purchase baby items you forgot or ran out of.
- Booking your Fastpass+ for later in the day – I suggest booking your 3 Fastpass+ reservations in the Magic Kingdom for 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM and 11:30 AM. As soon as you use the 3 Fastpasses, book another one with the MyDisneyExperience app.
- Skipping the Dole Whip – You’ve got to try this popular ice cream snack. It is a pineapple flavored soft serve treat that you can get from Aloha Isle.
- Missing the entertainment – Magic Kingdom is home to a number of fun entertaining shows and parades. Make time to see all of the entertainment but stagger it out over a couple of days if possible.
- Eating at the wrong time – The best time to book your ADRs for the park is between 8 – 9 AM, 1:30 – 4:30 PM or 8:00 PM – close. This way you’ll miss the crowds and enjoy the air conditioning during the hotter parts of the day.
- Shopping early in the day – Save your shopping and browsing on Main Street for later in the day when the attractions are more crowded. Don’t forget that you can choose to have the items shipped to your Disney resort or the front of the park so you don’t have to carry them with you.
- Not utilizing your time – Pick up snacks or even full meals right before you grab your spot for the parades or Happily Ever After. This way you eat while you are waiting making the most use of your time.
- Not making the most of the first hour in the park – If you get to the park before it opens, you can walk on up to 10 attractions in the first hour. Here are some attractions I recommend.
Make sure you don’t make these 10 Mistakes In Magic Kingdom!
Learn more about the Walt Disney World Parks including attractions, secrets, tips and more. Plus my friends at Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect Walt Disney World vacation.