This week the challenge is to save…. $17
How did you do last week with saving $30 (I forgot to post it, but hopefully you saw it on the printable tracker)? You should have an additional $140 in savings now.
5 creative ways to save money:
- Cancel your cable. My hubby and I just cancelled ares. We got an HD Antenna and we can pick up all the locals! Combine that with Hulu and Netflix, and we are paying $16 a month for entertainment verses $116 we were paying before!
- Order water when you dine out instead of soda or tea.
- Pack a lunch for work instead of eating out.
- Instead of going out with your friends, invite them over instead. You could play a board game or watch a movie.
- Clean your car’s air filter. It can improve your gas mileage by up to 7%! Just look up instructions in your car’s manual.
What is the Money Saving Challenge? Click below to learn more:
Are you up for a Money Saving Challenge? You’ve probably heard of the 52 week money saving challenge and I thought it would be fun for us to do it together! I wanted to change things up though and instead of us saving in typical order, I have devised a way for us to save $1397 over the next 52 weeks while making it creative and fun! We won’t be going in numerical order and I replaced the $1-$9 amounts with $10 (so 10 weeks we will save $10).
Before you get started with the challenge, you need to make sure your family is on a budget. You can use my FREE Budget Binder to help get control of your finances. The goal for the money saving challenge is that the money will come from your weekly allowances and not from your overall budget. So you’ll save the money by saving more at the grocery store, not dining out, using less gas, avoiding spending money on miscellaneous items, etc.
You’ll deposit the money into your fund. In 52 weeks, you’ll be $1397 closer to your goal just by doing this challenge! You’ll continue to save money in other ways too. For a trip to Disney World, you’ll need to save about $3000 (aiming for at least a 5 night trip, maybe longer!). My goal is to help you do that in 18 months. If you do this challenge for the next 18 months, you’ll have $2095.50 saved by October 5th, 2016. You’ll just need to save $904.50 from other creative ways! That means you could visit Walt Disney World during the holiday season in 2016 and if you can get off during the first 2 weeks of December, you’ll pay some of the lowest prices of the year.
Join the Saving for Disney with C2D Facebook Group to discuss the challenge and more ways to save money!