I got a great deal on a turkey breast so I decided to try this rosemary turkey breast slow cooker recipe. I have only cooked 2 turkeys in my life, but I figured it looked easy enough and you can’t go wrong when you cook with the Crock Pot. It turned out absolutely delicious and juicy and produced a ton of meat that I was able to put up and use in other dinners during the week.
- 2 turkey breast halves, around 2 lb. each
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 c. onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 c. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp rosemary spice
- Pat turkey dry with paper towels. Season each breast on both sides with sage, thyme and pepper.
- Place 1 c. of onion and half the garlic on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Place the turkey breast side down.
- Add the remainder of garlic and onions over the turkey.
- Stir chicken broth and lemon juice together and pour into slow cooker.
- Sprinkle rosemary over the turkey breasts.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce to low and cook for 3-4 more hours until the turkey is completely white inside.
- To serve, remove turkey from slow cooker and place on your plate or serving dish. Spoon the juice from the slow cooker over the turkey breasts.
Check out one of my favorite slow cooker chicken recipes for chicken tacos.
Using a Slow Cooker not only makes preparing dinner easier, it also saves on your power bill because you don’t have to run the oven and heat up the whole house. Check out all the Slow Cooker Chicken recipes we have tried and be sure to share your favorites too!