We love anything that has soy sauce or teriyaki in it’s name so this Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken was a huge hit at my dinner table.
- 2 lbs Chicken breast or thighs
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice win vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cold water
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- Add chicken to the slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, mix together onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and black pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours
- When the chicken has finished remove it from the cooker. Mix together the cold water and cornstarch in a separate bowl until no longer lumpy. Pour the sauce left in the bottom of the slow cooker into a medium saucepan and add the corn starch mix and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat and let boil for 1-2 minutes until thickened. Pour over the chicken breasts.
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven.
You might also enjoy this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos.
Check out all the Slow Cooker Chicken recipes we have tried and be sure to share your favorites too!