Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is a special, hard ticket event, held at the Magic Kingdom on select nights in September and October. Guests can come dressed in Halloween costumes-many families do coordinating costumes. You can trick or treat throughout Magic Kingdom, enjoy special character meets, see the Boo to You Parade and enjoy Hallowishes in the evening. The party starts at 7PM, and lasts until midnight.
Tickets can be purchased on the Disney website, through your travel agent or by calling 407-939-5277.
Here are 15 tips for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party to make your time more enjoyable and productive:
1. Your party ticket allows you into the Magic Kingdom at 4 pm. Even though the party festivities won’t start until 7 pm, you’ll be able to use the special entrance and get your wristband starting at 4pm on the day of your party.
2. You can book Fastpass+ reservations for 4-5 pm, 5-6 pm and 6-7 pm with your Halloween party ticket when you enter the parks. Just visit a Fastpass+ kiosk to set them up. Fastpass+ is not available during the party.
3. Make sure you go ahead and eat before the party starts at 7 pm. You don’t want to waste party time eating when you could be enjoyed the festivities that you paid for.
4. Throughout the party there will be multiple treat locations where you can Trick or Treat. Don’t rush to visit these at 7 pm. You’ll have to lug that candy around with you all night! Instead wait until about 11:00 and then hit as many stations as you would like. They all have the same candy.
5. There is a candy trail located near Storybook Circus where you can get a lot of candy in one trip instead of spending park time going around to multiple stations.
6. There will be 2 showings of the Mickey’s “Boo-To-You” Halloween Parade. The second showing is always the least busiest. Plan on grabbing a seat in Frontierland.
7. There will be a bunch of characters out during the party, but make it your priority to meet the characters that aren’t usually available for meet and greets. This includes the 7 Dwarfs, Jack and Sally, the villains, etc.
8. Many of the attractions are open during the party. You can expect very short lines at the majority of the rides (except for 7 Dwarfs, skip that one).
9. Have the whole family dress up. The party isn’t just for kids! Even grownups can wear costumes to the party. This is the only chance adults will have to dress up in the Magic Kingdom. Just remember that the average temperature during the party is about 80-85 degrees. Bring kids a chance of clothes just in case they get tired of their costume.
10. When you enter the park, you will be given a free bag for treats. This usually has an advertisement of the newest movie on it. The bag is fairy small (a Harry Potter book would barely fit inside), so bring your own if you want to really stock up on loot.
11. Happy HalloWishes is an amazing fireworks display. If you don’t want to spend your party time staking out a spot on Main Street, the area just behind Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel offers a pretty neat view. You’ll feel like you are in the show! There is even a wall to sit on.
12. Check the guide map for the specialty foods available only during the party. Get those for your snacks. Yum!
13. Photopass photographers are stationed throughout the park during the party. They can take normal pictures of your family in their costumes, but they can also take Magic Shots. These shots will put a Disney character or other objects right into the picture with you.
14. Stop by the Firehouse when you enter to pick up an exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card. This card features Minnie Mouse and is only available during the party.
15. Don’t overdo it before the party begins. Spend your morning resting, swimming, enjoying your resort. With a party ticket, you can get into the Magic Kingdom from 4 pm to 12 am. That’s 8 hours of fun! You don’t want to be so tired from festivities earlier in your day that you can’t enjoy the party.