Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin in Magic Kingdom is a shooting-gallery game that puts you in the battle to defeat Zurg. Using the cannon on board the XP-37 star cruiser, take aim at the “Z” targets. Some targets are worth more points than others, so make each shot count!
Length of Ride: 4.5 minutes
Height Requirement: None
Scare Factor: There are some darker scenes
Rider Switch (for small kids): Yes
Weather Procedure: Indoors
Ride Photo: Yes
Flash Photography: You will be too busy shooting to take photos
Queue: Pass by an interactive Buzz that tells you about your mission.
Extra Magic Hours: Open for both morning and evening hours.
When to Ride: First thing in the morning or with Fastpass+
Our Touring Strategy: We always use a Fastpass for this ride.
- Get a button/sticker at the Photopass counter when you reach 999,999 on Buzz.
- Don’t miss the photo opportunity with Zurg in the gift shop.
- Hold the button down the whole time.
- Aim for the center of the “Z’s” (targets).
- The targets that are further away and those that are moving are worth more points.
- Hit the top of the volcano for 100,000 points.
- After passing the “Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Robots” pivot your car around and see if you can hit the target on the back of the robot’s wrist for 100,000 points.
- Look for the spider after the robots and see if you can shoot it.
- In the room where the targets are projected, don’t stop shooting.
- Try hitting the batteries in the front to knock them down and rack up points.
- Hit the Z on the palm of the left hand of the big robot.
- Aim for the targets on bottom of Zurg’s Ship.
The kids would also enjoy Barnstormer in the Magic Kingdom.