While hitting the parks from day to night is a focus for many, your Disney World vacation can include so much more. Disney World has magic all around for guests to discover, even without a park ticket. Take time to explore these 10 favorite non-park activities at Disney World. These are perfect activities for a non-park day or your arrival and departure day!
1. Dine at Disney Springs. This destination has no shortage of food options for a meal or sweet treat. Consider a pizza from Blaze, affordable and delicious sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich and more. The Daily Poutine is your stop for a savory snack. While Amorette’s Patisserie and Sprinkles are perfect for your sweet tooth! For waterfront dining, consider Paddlefish and The BOATHOUSE.
2. See a movie at AMC theatre located at Disney Springs. This is a perfect non-park day activity for any kind of weather. Check to see if there are any new Disney movie releases during your trip.
3. Shop at the largest store on Disney World property. Head to World of Disney for the largest collection of Disney merchandise on site at Disney Springs! Then shop Mickey Ears, Plush, home décor and many other magical souvenirs. Plus, look for added Disney touches throughout such as enchanted art and movie posters.
4. Get a Christmas ornament from Days of Christmas. One of my favorite souvenirs to grab while at Disney World is a Christmas ornament. Inside Days of Christmas it is the holiday season 365 days a year, with holiday music playing and all. For those who celebrate, grab an ornament to remember your vacation yearly as you decorate your tree!
5. Go bowling at Splitsville Luxury Bowling located in Disney Springs. Spend an afternoon or evening going for a strike! There is a state-of-the-art bowling alley waiting to welcome guests at Disney Springs.
6. Play a round of mini golf. Did you know Disney World has 2 miniature golf courses on property? One is Winter Summerland Miniature Golf, found outside Blizzard Beach. The second option is, Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf located at Walt Disney World Swan Hotel.
7. Take a stroll on Disney’s Boardwalk. Take in the sights, while walking along with lake views. This 1/4 mile stretch also features shops and restaurants. Disney’s Boardwalk is within walking distance to Epcot.
8. Swim at your Disney Resort pool. Enjoy a day or afternoon poolside. Going for a swim is the perfect way to cool down after a day at the parks. When you stay on-site, enjoy Disney theming as you dive “under the sea” and relax poolside.
9. Walk around your Disney Resort. Each Disney Resort has its own unique theming and Disney magic. Enjoy these small touches and larger than life Disney displays. There is no shortage of photo opportunities to cherish for a lifetime. Take time to explore your Disney Resort.
10. Enjoy a Character Dining experience. Select Disney Resorts offer Character dining, meaning no park ticket needed! Having a dining reservation is also a great opportunity to take in the scenery of another Disney resort, before of after you dine. For delicious food and incredible views of Cinderella’s Castle dine at Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera, a rooftop & character dining experience.
Also Read: Where To Buy Disney Trading Pins For Less
Learn more about planning your Walt Disney World vacation. Plus overwhelmed with all the planning? Destinations in Florida can help you plan your perfect trip.