Disney does not allow guests 14 & older to wear costumes in the parks (exception is Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party). This rule is in place to avoid Character confusion by younger guests. However, guests 14 years old and over can Disney Bound, a fun way to get in character without breaking the rules. What is Disney Bounding? Disney Bounding is when your outfit resembles a Disney character or theme.
Read, 6 Casual Disney Bounding ideas and tips. Plus, all these items were found at Goodwill, a thrift store, therefore Disney Bounding can be frugal too!
1. Ariel is known for her green tail and purple seashell top. Easily achieve an Ariel look with a purple top and green shorts. I love the pattern and material of these running shorts to match Ariel’s tail. Learn where to meet Ariel.
2. Cinderella is known for her classic blue dress and white gloves. Pair a light blue top with white shorts for an easy Cinderella Disney Bound idea. Add a blue ribbon in your hair! Learn where to meet Cinderella.
3. Pocahontas is achieved with a tan t-shirt and distressed jean shorts. Finding a top or vest with fringe would also work great, add a turquoise necklace and a brown belt to complete your look. Learn where to meet Pocahontas.
4. Merida from Brave is achieved with a textured top in her classic green hue, paired with dark cargo shorts. Earth tones are best for recreating Merida. Learn where to meet Merida.
5. Achieve a Rapunzel Disney Bounding look by combining a purple top & purple bottom. Add a flower to your hair to complete this easy look! Learn where to meet Rapunzel.
6. Snow White is one of my favorites to recreate since she is so easy with a blue top and yellow bottoms. Add a red bow headband to complete the look. Learn where to meet Snow White.
More Disney Bounding Tips:
- Get matching Character Ears to complete your look.
- Wear your hair like the character.
- Add subtle makeup to bring out colors, such as light blue eyeshadow for Cinderella.
- Do not worry about matching shoes, instead wear comfortable shoes such as sneakers.
- The Dress Shop Collection has beautiful dresses and accessories themed after characters and attractions. Such as the Mary Poppins look below.
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.