One of my favorite go to meals for my family is Tomato Chicken so I figured I could try making this one of my new healthy slow cooker recipes. I jazzed it up with some herbs and it was delicious! Now I have the option of tossing it in the oven or tossing it in the slow cooker at the beginning of the day so dinner can be ready when we get home from work, dance, and all of our other extra curricular activities.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- Mix together all ingredients except for the tomatoes, cheese, and chicken.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and pour herb mixture over the chicken. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to marinade.
- Brown chicken in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once browned, place chicken in your slow cooker and pour in tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheese on top.
You might also want to try one of my new favorite Slow Cooker Dinners for Avocado and Chicken Tacos!
Using a slow cooker for dinner recipes not only makes cooking easier, but it also saves money on your power bill by not using the oven. Check out these Healthy Slow Cooker Meals.