The Disney Dining Plan Plus at Walt Disney World is a pre-paid option that allows you to get (2) meals, your choice of Table-service & Quick Service, (2) snacks or non-alcoholic beverages and (1) Resort refillable mug.
$95/Adult and $34/Children (+ tax)
- Beverages are included with each meal. Guests under 21 years of age may choose from a variety of nonalcoholic beverages. Guests 21 and older may substitute for beer, wine and cocktails.
- Reservations at Table-Service restaurants are subject to availability.
- Please note that Signature Dining experiences and some Character Dining locations require 2 Table-Service credits per meal.
- The specific number of meal options and snacks are determined by the number of nights included in the package stay. However, meals can be rolled over and redeemed in any order throughout the vacation.
- Kids ages 3-9 must order from the kid’s menu when available.
- For a quick service meal or table-service meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner) you will get 1 entrée and 1 non-alcoholic beverage (or alcoholic beverage for guests 21+)
Eat in the room; Enjoy Poptarts, Oatmeal, etc from Garden Grocer.
Eat a Columbia Harbour House in the Magic Kingdom.
- Lobster Roll with House made chips – $15.99
- Soda – $3.99
Total: $1 (+ tax)
Eat at 1900 Park Fare at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for dinner
- Adult Meal $60
Total: $60 (+ tax)
Eat at Aloha Isle in Magic Kingdom.
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake – $6.99
Total: $6.99 (+ tax)
Eat Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in Magic Kingdom
- Brownie Sundae — $7.49
Total: $7.49 (+ tax)
+ $2.84 daily refillable mug value (included with the dining plus plan)
Grand Total: $97.29 (+ tax)
Cost of the Dining Plan: $95.00
Visit Disney.com and search for the Quick Service and Table Service restaurants that appeal to your family. Check out the prices on their menu for lunch and dinner and ask yourselves the following questions:
- Would you choose to eat dessert at the table service restaurant if it was not included in the dining plan?
- Would both of your kids get a kid’s meal or would they split an adult meal if you were paying out of pocket?
- Would you purchase a snack everyday for each member of your party if you were paying out of pocket?
- The refillable mugs are located at the quick service location at your resort. The cup holds approximately 12 ounces. How many times would you be able to refill it? The mug is valued at $19.99. Figure out how many times you would refill it and divide the cost of the cup by the number of refills. If you refilled it both morning and night for 7 days, you would pay approximately $1.42 per refill. Also consider the fact that you would have to either return the mug to your room or tote it with you during the day. Will you want to walk all the way back to your room before visiting a park or will you want to carry it around with you all day in the parks?
Only you can figure out if this plan is cost effective for your family and will save you money. I do hope that I provided you with the resources to conclude that on your own. Don’t just assume the dining plan is a good investment and end up spending more for the dining plan than what you would have spent out of pocket.
Check out the details on the Quick Service Dining Plan.
Learn more about Walt Disney World Dining and get suggestions for where to eat, how to use the Disney Dining Plan and more.