I’ve heard of people making slow cooker lasagna but I’ve never tried it until recently. You couldn’t tell that this wasn’t made in the oven and it was so good that my Italian friend agreed that it’s the best lasagnas she’s ever had.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp dried oregano
- 12 oz cottage cheese
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 box lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic in a frying pan. Drain.
- Add tomato sauce, paste, salt, and oregano to the ground beef and heat through.
- Spoon some of the ground beef mixture into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Put a double layer of lasagna noodles on top (you can break them to fit).
- Top with cheese.
- Repeat layers of meat, noodles, and cheese until all are used.
- Cook on low for 4½ hours.
Check out this recipe for Slow Cooker Nachos.
Using the Crock Pot not only makes cooking dinner easier, it also saves on your power bill by using less energy than a traditional oven. Check out more Slow Cooker Beef recipes.