Continuing your healthy lifestyle is possible, even on vacation at Disney World. Read tips on how to eat healthy such as where to find fruit in the parks and more. Being mindful of these 6 tips will make for a magical and healthy vacation.
1. Exercise at Disney
- Guests of Walt Disney World Resorts can ask their resort for a jogging map. Most resort have one showing the running paths around your resort, some even have a fitness center.
- Swimming is also a great form of exercise, plus every Disney Resort offers guests a pool.
- Rent a Bike at Disney World or Surrey Bike at Boardwalk & more
- Disney World offers plenty of opportunities to walk. Consider ways below to maximize your step count.
2. Get some extra steps in at Disney
- While exploring Gorilla Falls Exploration Trails at Animal Kingdom
- While exploring Swiss Family Treehouse at Magic Kingdom
- Skip the cut-through at Epcot and walk around instead
- Skip the train at Magic Kingdom as a shortcut
3. Take a Mid-Day Break
Taking a Mid- Day break has many advantages. First, it gets you out of the afternoon heat and is usually the busiest times at the parks. Instead, arrive early then leave in the afternoon and head back to the resort to relax at the pool, take a nap or a shower. Or stay in the parks and plan for historic low line attractions (Such as The American Adventure Show at Epcot and more) that put you in the shade for some time. Taking a Mid-Day break is a great way to restart your day and Discover another park (with park hopper) or Disney Springs in the evening.
4. Eat Healthier Options At the Parks
- Satu’li Canteen At Pandora – World Of Avatar in Disney’s Animal Kingdom offer healthy selections such as: Chopped wood grilled chicken bowl, Oatmeal for breakfast and more.
- Sunshine Seasons at Epcot offers healthy options as well and a little bit of something for everyone.
- Look for fruit stands at the parks, all 4 Parks at Disney World Sell Fruit.
- There are many options to satisfy your sweet tooth at Disney World. However, guests can still find an array of other snacks to choose from. Consider non sweet snacks at: Disney Springs, Hollywood Studios and Epcot.
- Although maybe not entirely healthy, the Dole Whip is a low Calorie snack at 80 calories.
- Pack your own healthy snacks. Consider the options from 10 Favorite Snacks to Pack.
- Enjoy treats in moderation.
5. Drink Water
Not only is this a way to stay healthy, it is the best way to stay hydrated. Consider bringing your own Brita Water Bottles to Disney World. Guests can also ship water to their resort before check in, Disney charges $5 per package to ship to your resort.
6. Wash Your Hands
This simple reminder is especially important on vacation. There will be many other guests that have touched the same surfaces as you. Carry hand sanitizer and remember frequent hand-washing for a healthy vacation.
Learn more tips and tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation. Destinations in Florida can also help you add tips and tricks to your next vacation.