Soarin’ Over California in Disneyland is a hang gliding adventure over the beautiful landscapes of California. At the beginning of the attraction, you will gracefully ascend 45 feet high and be positioned in front of an 80-foot projection dome for your simulated flight across the Golden State. This ride uses the latest in open-air flight technology and is an experience you will never forget!
Length of Ride: 4:30
Height Requirement: 40 inches
Scare Factor: If you are afraid of heights, ask for the back row.
Rider Switch (for small kids): Yes
Weather Procedure: Located indoors
Ride Photo: No
Flash Photography: No
Queue: Located indoors. Corridor features landmark planes and aviators from California. You’ll find a display of flags, photographs, and you’ll learn more about famous aviators.
Open for Magic Mornings: Yes
When to Ride: In the morning or anytime with Fastpass
Our Touring Strategy: We rode this one in the evening with Fastpass
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- There is a single rider line for those wishing to ride Soarin’ alone or for groups that are willing to separate if need be. It is a great way to cut down on your wait time as it is almost always shorter than the regular line.
- There are 3 sets of loading zones. If you are being loaded into the first 2 zones, you can ask for the front or back row and you will be pointed to the 3rd loading zone.
- When you are pointed to a row, make sure each person stands on their own yellow hang glider symbol on the floor. If you don’t, the Cast Member will make you.
- Look for the Hidden Mickey on the golf ball.
- In the waterfall scene, look for the rainbow in the lower right corner.
Make sure you plan to do the 10 Must Do’s at Disneyland.
Learn more about Disneyland Parks.