The Pirates of the Caribbean in Magic Kingdom is a 9 minute boat ride through the 17th century when Pirates plundered seaport towns. Your boat will travel through the Pirates Grotto which is home to the Dead Man’s Cove, The Fort where you will be in the middle of a battle between the Caribbean Fort and Captain Barbossa, the Town Square where pirates try to auction off the fair maddens, the Burning City where the buccaneers sing as the city goes down in the flames, the Dungeon where pirates try to convince the dog to give over the keys to set them free and finally Jack Sparrow celebrating in the treasure room. This attraction was so popular and well loved that it spawned the Pirates of the Caribbean film series.
Length of Ride: 8:30
Height Requirement: None
Scare Factor: Can be very scary for young kids. Includes a small drop in the dark. Plus there are pirates running around and one scene where cannon balls are shot over your boat.
Rider Switch (for small kids): No
Weather Procedure: Indoor ride
Ride Photo: Yes (Taken right before the drop)
Flash Photography: You better not!
Queue: Winds through the dungeons. Includes some interesting artifacts.
Extra Magic Hours: Open for Evening Magic Hours
Fastpass: Part of Fastpass+
When to Ride: In the morning or late evening.
Our Touring Strategy: We usually ride around 9:45-10:30.
Secrets/Tips and Tricks:
- The Chess Game the pirates are playing in the queue will never end. Each move will result in the pieces returning to the original position. It is a loop game that will never end.
- Check for wet seats before you sit down.
- If your kid is afraid to ride, get them to help you spot animals during the ride. There is a dog, cat, donkey, chickens, etc.
- Look for the mermaid skeleton on the island in the boat.
- The entire lock in the jail scene is a Hidden Mickey.
- There are great photo opps in the gift shop after you exit the ride.
Check out these tips for Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.