One way that I cut down on our souvenir expenses and encourage my kids to behave is with with the Disney World Souvenir: Tinker Bell Gifts . Tinker Bell Gifts are little gifts that Tinker Bell brings to the children to reward them for good behavior and to give them a little bit of magic.
Planning on making a reservation? Here are 5 things you need to know about Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
1. There are 2 locations. The most popular location is in Cinderella’s Castle, but there is also a Downtown Disney location. You get the same level of service at both, so if one is booked you can try the other location.
2. Book your appointment early. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique reservations can be booked 180 days in advance by calling 407-939-7895. Make sure you call at 7 am EST on your 180th day (it is also part of the 180 + 10 rule, so as long as it is 180 days before your arrival date, you can book a reservation for any day of your trip). Also try to get the earliest reservation of the day. You want your little princess to wear her cute hairstyle as long as possible.
3. Bring your own dress. While it might be tempting to let your princess purchase her dress as part of the experience, you are also going to be out a lot of money! Bring your own dress from home and she’ll still feel like royalty.
4. Purchase Memory Maker. If you are debating on purchasing the Memory Maker photo package, do it. They have photographers on had that will take a ton of pictures of your little princess getting doled up by her Fairy Godmother. Both locations also have a dedicated photograph area where Disney photographers will pose your daughter and take beautiful shots of her.
5. Book a character meal for after your appointment. If you are planning on a character meal during your trip, I would book it on the same day as your Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointment. Your daughter will be doled up so cute and her pictures with the characters will be that much more cuter! If you can get a reservation at Cinderella’s Royal Table or Akershus or 1900 Park Fare, even better!
Do you love trading pins? To make your pin trading experience successful, here are the top 5 places to trade pins at Walt Disney World:
1. Disney Vacation Club booths – Cast Members that work these booths (found both in the resorts and at the parks) wear lanyards with pins. They usually aren’t very busy, so they are able to devote extra time to helping you make a successful trade.
If you find your free Magic Band to be boring and not so magical, there are specialty Magic Bands available in Disney Parks. The usual cost for these bands is $24.95 and they can be found in shops in the parks and Downtown Disney.
If you are looking for a creative autograph idea for your next trip, have the characters autograph hats. Just pick up a plain colored hat from a craft store (make sure you visit their website to print a coupon!) and purchase fabric markers for the characters to use to sign the hat.
If you are looking for a unique idea for your character autograph collecting, I have just the thing! Hobby Lobby carries canvas shoes for $9.99. Every week, they release a 40% off coupon which will drop the price of the shoes to $5.99. Pick up a package of Sharpie Stained Fabric Markers and a bar of Beeswax to complete this project.
Did you know that you can collect Collect FREE Disney Transportation Cards? Bus driver, monorail drivers and boat captains have free cards that you can request. There are a total of 18 cards – 3 of the different boats, 3 of the different buses and 12 of the different monorails (however there are now only 11 monorails, so I am sure the purple monorail card is retired).
The price of the Disney Princess Dresses are now $69.95 at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland shops. These dresses are a higher quality than what you would find at Walmart or Target or even online from DisneyStore.com. They range in size from 2 – 14.
There is a new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train popcorn bucket available at Walt Disney World (and maybe Disneyland too? Usually they go to both parks). This bucket opens up like a treasure chest and if you purchase multiples, they can be linked together.
Do you have a large collection of Disney T shirts? Is your cabinet over flowing with Disney Coffee Mugs? I do admit every trip I have to get a new Disney Ornament for my tree and this is one purchase that will not change. However, I now try to find something new and different each trip. Here are a few things that I have collected during my trips. I have to admit one of the Best Places in Walt Disney World to find Unique Disney Souvenirs is Epcot! Most of the amazing, unique souvenirs I have purchased have come from the Countries around World Showcase.