Part of the thrill of a Disney Cruise are the many inclusive features. Disney Cruise Line has a small fleet of beautiful ships. Below are the top 5 things included on a Disney Cruise, and why many families return year after year.
1. A Private Island
Disney has a private island, named Castaway Cay, visit on a Bahamian and Caribbean cruise with Disney Cruise Line. Once the cruise ship pulls up to dock, guests are immediately stepping onto the island and into paradise. There are many fun things to do on the island.
- Castaway Family Beach and the Serenity Bay (adults only beach).
- Swim up to Pelican Plunge, this 2,400 square foot structure contains 2 water slides, one enclosed and one open, both twisting fun.
- Character Meet & Greets – Find characters at places such as the post office on the island, at Mt. Rushmore and on the dock as you head back to the ship. Characters include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Olaf and more (subject to change).
- Guests aged 10+ are invited to participate in the free RunDisney Castaway Cay 5K during your cruise.
- See breathtaking views from the Observation Tower. Towards the center of the island off the bike trail.
Included in your cost are 2 world class theaters, learn what each host. Make time to see a show or movie.
- Walt Disney Theatre (On All Ships)- Make time to see a show or two, as they are included. With Broadway quality guests can choose between 2 live shows each evening.
- Buena Vista Theatre (On All Ships)- Watch classic and current Disney films. This includes first-run movies. If you are planning an upcoming cruise, skip the movies for new Disney releases as they may be available for free on the ship.
One thing that sets apart a Disney Cruise and ordinary cruises are Disney characters. Disney Characters sightings are available as soon as you board your ship. Characters will be located around the ship through out your cruise from stage shows, at children’s activities and for meets & greets and autographs. Castaway Cay also features character photo opportunities.
4. Complimentary Beverage & Included Food
Complimentary soda, tea and coffee on deck and in the dining rooms are available for guests. Visit the ship’s beverage station or enjoy during meals on board. Free Mickey Bars and more also included. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is included in cost of stay, plus snacks and ice cream. Food at Castaway Cay (if applicable) included. Alcohol excluded.
Disney Staterooms carry some of the largest at sea. Plus, they include Disney magical touches. Elevated bed design allows for more storage space too. It is your home away from home for a bit and Disney wants it to feel that way. Watch Disney movies in your stateroom while relaxing. Guests of Disney Dream or Disney Fantasy could even find a magical virtual window!
Size Overview (varies by ship):
- Concierge: 306- 622 sq. ft. (including verandah). A royal suite can be as big as 1781 sq. ft. (including verandah).
- Oceanview with Verandah: 246 sq. ft. – 299 sq. ft. (including verandah)
- Oceanview: 204 sq. ft. – 241 sq. ft.
- Inside: 169 sq. ft. – 184 sq. ft. A deluxe inside stateroom can be as big as 214 sq. ft.
Read more about Disney Cruises